SOMMER CABLE Germany was founded in 1999 by classical musician and innovative entrepreneur Friedhelm Sommer and CEO/fellow musician Rainer Blanck.
Together with cable engineering leader Pascal Miguet, they built Sommer cable into a thriving development and manufacturing company with a catalog of over 12000 products for the A/V installation, pro-audio, broadcast, video, music, IT and HiFi market, with business partners in over 50 countries.
In 2015, SOMMER CABLE America Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOMMER CABLE Germany, was established in Santa Rosa, CA by new CEO Martin Ucik. The company will supply the American markets with Sommers wide range of innovative and high quality cable, connector, stage, PA, hardware and Audio/Video installation and distribution products. SOMMER offers a 500+ page printed catalog, which is also available for viewing online here.
Over the years, audio products have become more complex and sound reproduction has improved considerably. This doesn‘t make things easier for cable manufacturers. Cables are no longer only important for esoteric sound purists and dreamers, but also for the manufacturers of instruments, as well as studio and media equipment. By now, even the hobbyist is able to recognize improvements in sound quality and must no longer rely on second guessing, imagination and subjective judgments.
For cable manufacturers like us, this represents an important challenge, because all of a sudden “technical specs“ have become audible, and of course can be verified by the discerning listener and engineer. For a company like SOMMER CABLE, this is a quite a lucky break, because all of our customers recognise and honour good quality products.
- We develop, produce and sell first class quality cables and other high quality products for the cable market.
- We are fond of our customers and partners, and take care of them in a humane, friendly, competent and uncomplicated way.
- We offer durable products, value added quality, innovation and service to our customers, especially in reference to the competitive environment we operate in.
- We are loyal to our company, its employees and products. We welcome the fact that work and learning can be fun and that success is enjoyable. We motivate, encourage and reward the efforts of our employees.
- A slim organizational structure enables us to make decisions fast. We have visionary ideas and work cost-effective to provide enduring job security with the required efficiency and liquidity.
- We are an IHK-training facility - more than 10% of all our employees are trainees. We demand and encourage continuous education.
- We feel responsible for the ecological system and make great efforts to preserve our planet’s resources. (see: Our Environment)
- Our Christian and social engagement is directed toward helping people in need. We currently support projects in Burkina Faso and Brazil, with direct personal contacts to ensure that our support actually reaches those in need of help.